Imagine that you had won the following *PRIZE* in a contest: 86,400 dollars a day.
This has been around a while and when a friend of mine posted this on their Facebook timeline it hit home again, hope it resonates with you the way it did with me.
Each morning your bank would deposit 86,400 dollars in your private account for your use. However, this prize has rules:
The set of rules: Continue Reading →
Urgent Versus Important? Which Do You Focus On?
Quote #5 is the one we are going to focus on in this blog post.”Most of us spend too much time on what is urgent and not enough time on what is important.”
10 Quotes from Stephan Covey that will surely resonate with you.
- The key is not to prioritize what’s on your schedule, but to schedule your priorities.
- The main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing.
- Live out of your imagination, not your history.
- Trust is the glue of life. It’s the most essential ingredient in effective communication. It’s the foundational principle that holds all relationships.
- Most of us spend too much time on what is urgent and not enough time on what is important.
- I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions.
- You have to decide what your highest priorities are and have the courage—pleasantly, smilingly, nonapologetically, to say “no” to other things. And the way you do that is by having a bigger “yes” burning inside. The enemy of the “best” is often the “good.”
- I teach people how to treat me by what I will allow.
- Love is a verb. Love – the feeling – is the fruit of love the verb or our loving actions. So love her.
- Live, love, laugh, leave a legacy.
Here Are The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
Did you know you can Connect Paypal To Mailchimp? If you accept payments via PayPal, you can automatically add customers to your MailChimp list instantly.
When someone buys Speed-Sew from my website they are taken to Paypal to complete the transaction, I’m notified by email then ship the product. The cool part is once the purchase has been made all their contact information is transferred into mailchimp and the magic happens. A welcome email is sent immediately. Then 2 weeks later another email is scheduled to follow up with them to make sure they got their product and are happy with it, another email goes out a week later asking for a review of the product and another week passes and another email goes out asking if they could send us a picture or post something online and use hashtag #SpeedSew. Those specific autoresponders only go out to people who joined the list through paypal too. This is done through segmentation.
To Get Started There Are A Couple Of Things You Need In Place.
Once those are set up connecting the 2 is fairly easy. Let’s get the notification URL from Mailchimp 1st. Continue Reading →
Wikipedia – In business, outsourcing is the contracting out of a business process to a third-party.
2014 is the year for outsourcing for me and I have already seen and feel HUGE benefits. It’s amazing the weight that is lifted when you finally allow yourself to let go. I dare you to try outsourcing something this week on a task that you have always done yourself but know you could delegate to someone else. You will now have extra time to grow your business.
Seth Godin talks about the difference between a freelancer and an entrepreneur in his course on Continue Reading →
Not All Readers Are Leaders, But All Leaders Are Readers
- Harry S Truman
In today’s world getting educated in your downtime is easier then ever. Do you commute? Do you watch TV? Do you Facebook? Believe me if you analyzed where you spend your time I am almost certain you can come up with 2 hours a day. A year ago I took a very hard look at where I spent my time and I gained 24 hours a week. That is HUGE! You can do the same. Continue Reading →
Embed user reviews and Google Rich Snippet ratings anywhere on your site.
Capture user reviews for your business, website, or individual products/pages and display them on your WordPress page or post and in Google Search Results as a Google Rich Snippet.
- 79% Of Consumers Trust Online User Reviews As Much As Personal Recommendations
- 85% of consumers say that they read online reviews for local businesses (up from 76% in 2012)
- 73% of consumers say positive customer user reviews make them trust a business more (up from 58% in 2012)
NFC Tags have been around for a while now, have you played with them?
What are NFC Tags you ask? Near Field Communication, and to be honest everywhere I have looked online for an explanation makes them sound way more confusing then they actually are. In short you can program NFC Tags to talk to your phone, when you swipe your phone over an NFC tag the tag triggers preset commands. Why would I want this you ask? I asked the same question and finally while browsing Amazon one day I decided to buy a bag of NFC tags. What the heck they only cost $13 for 10.
My 5 NFC Tags Trigger these commands
1. My key chain tag is a simple trigger. It takes you to my website for Speed-Sew Fabric Glue
2. Entering my house I have a tag on my kitchen counter. This tag triggers several commands.
- Turn Bluetooth off
- Turn WiFi on
- Turn Sync on
- Turn Volume up
- Turn Brightness up
3. Beside my bed I have a tag Continue Reading →
My BIG take away from David Allen’s book “Getting Things Done“
Although Getting Things Done is probably more for the high level corporate executive I did gain some valuable insight that has already made my life easier and less stressful. Your brain has a hard drive (subconscious) and Ram (Conscious) like a computer. The hard drive is great for storing stuff however the Ram is used for stuff that is open and running. If you have many programs open and running they slow your computer down.
Let’s Compare Your Conscious Mind To Ram In Your Computer Continue Reading →
Get your FREE All Day Pass compliments of SOHO (save $50)
- TORONTO – TUESDAY, OCTOBER 15 @ Hyatt Regency on King
- VANCOUVER – THURSDAY, OCTOBER 24 @ Fairmont Hotel Vancouver
- CALGARY – THURSDAY, OCTOBER 31 @ Hotel Arts
SOHO Business Group is pleased to invite you to the upcoming 16th Annual SOHO|SME Business Expo to celebrate and support Small Business Month. I would like to extend a special invitation for you and your staff to attend for free – save $50 at the door.
Highlights of the SOHO|SME Expo include a CEO / Entrepreneur Spotlight, Featured Keynotes, Expert Panel Discussions, Demo Stage, Coach’s Corner, Exhibits & Displays. This event offers great networking and a chance to win some fabulous prizes throughout the day all for FREE when you pre-register online. Continue Reading →