Be prepared for your photographer!
1. Collaborate – The relationship between you and your photographer should be a collaboration. Be creative and bring some of your own ideas to the table. You know you and your brand best.
2. Clothes – Dress for your dream client. Bring a few different looks or layer up. Scarves, blazers, cardigans and hats are great items to add or take away to create a different look. And… when in doubt, bring a suitcase of options and your photographer can choose what will work best.
3. Make-up/Hair – Professional Hair and Make-up really polish up your look. (Guys too!) Ask your photographer who they recommend. Although it is an added cost, it really does make your images look more professional.
4. Be prepared to get out of your comfort zone - Choose a photographer that can make you laugh. It’s often the in-between moments that really make the session come alive. Bring your own music if you are nervous.
5. Details are important – iron your clothes, shave or groom your facial hair,get a haircut, bring props if appropriate, accessorize, and wear suitable shoes. You don’t want to think ‘I should of got a haircut’ or ‘I should of ironed my shirt’ every time you see your headshots.
Images above taken for www.Flip-side.ca