Is Social Media An Advertising Platform?
Are you doing social media to promote your business? Yes it can be effective! Do you think social media is an advertising avenue? Or maybe is it a social platform first?
There are no rules, blaze a new trail, test the boundaries, there are some guidelines to what works and what doesn’t though. Use your people skills and common sense to dictate your actions online and the web will be your friend.
- People don’t like to be sold they like to buy.
- People like talking to people not logos
Social media (Internet Marketing) is not a campaign it is a commitment.
- I went to a single networking event and I didn’t get rich?
- I wrote one blog post and no one shared it?
- I tried twitter for a day and nothing happened?
- I made a video and it didn’t go viral?
Marketing is a combination of frequency and reach.
If you buy a radio ad you have reach but to make it effective you need frequency (very expensive), in social media you need to be frequent and if you add value overtime you will have reach.
You get out of it what you put in to it. What is your frequency?