More Mobile Friendly Devices Are Sold Than Personal Computers
I don’t even own an iPad and my family has 8 mobile friendly devices compared to our 3 personal computers. The moral of the story is everything you do online now needs to be optimized for mobile.
We are in a mobile revolution.
It doesn’t matter whether you are a hardcore Apple fanatic or you have jumped onto the Android bandwagon or maybe you’re still using a dumb phone? A few more years and dumb phones will be extinct. The fact is everything is going mobile.
Who dominates the mobile market is still in the air. The 2 front runners are iOS and Android controlling almost 80% of the market.
Source of diagram business insider Android Market Share Flattens In The U.S.
Source of Diagram is Business Insider The Future of Mobile
- Mobile devices allow you to search online so do personal computers.
- Mobile devices allow you to buy online so do personal computers.
- Mobile devices allow you to be social online so do personal computers.
- BUT with a mobile device you can search, buy and be social in real time and on the fly.
- You can game and photo share in real time with a mobile device.
If only half the dumb phones have been replaced that means the other half is still to be replaced. This means the amount of mobile Internet users is about to double. Are you prepared? Can you take payment from a mobile device?
80% of my social media engagement is done with my mobile device. Marketing is activity based now. You can document what you are doing in real time, what you are learning, what you are experiencing.
If your website is 5 years old or older chances are it is not mobile friendly, heck odds are not in your favor if your website is 3 years old.
How many mobile devices do you have now?