How To Create Sales Processes And Scripts
One the most common issues business have today is they lack Sales Processes and or Sales Scripts.
There are usually 3 reasons why this occurs
- They don’t want to have this kind of detail to follow
- They say it feels uncomfortable to use (“it doesn’t sound natural/like me”)
- They don’t know where to begin
Here are the 11 things you can do to eliminate all of these reasons in your business
- Stop making excuses and get results
- Go into your competitor’s place of business and see if they are using them, if so copy them. IF NOT, go to a big box retailer or new car dealership and try and buy something.
- Scripts are there to act as a template for the people in the organization who suck at converting prospects into sales/customers
- Without Scripts you can not hold your team accountable for poor results as you have not given them the tools needed to succeed
- Take your best sales person (based on actual converted sales %) and tape/video record what they say and do
- Use Scripts as a template of questions, they are meant to stimulate questions and answers. Scripts should build confidence for your prospects in your ability to “TAKE CARE” of them and their needs.
- JUST DO IT, it will help you convert more sales.
- Have your team follow the scripts word for word until they internalize/personalize them
- Work on improving the script until you reach a conversion rate greater than 50%
- TEST & MEASURE the scripts in a variety of sales environments.
- KEEP using them even when the team resists!
IF YOU want better results (sales processes) you need better SCRIPTS and they need to be used ALL the time.
You website needs to have sales processes too. When someone lands on your website are they taken through a sales process?
McDonalds, Walmart, Ford Motorcars, Sears, Toyota, Starbucks and ActionCOACH all use scripts to meet, greet, sell, up sell and cross sell.
If you want more tips and tricks please feel free to reach out and ask for help!